Documents Required For U.S. Residents Entering Canada

November 4, 2009


This is an answer to one of the most common questions we receive:

What documents do I require if I am a U.S. resident coming into Canada?

When you enter Canada, you may be asked to present your passport and a valid visa (if you are arriving from a country from which one is required). If you’re a  U.S. citizen, you don’t need a passport to enter Canada; however, you should carry proof of your citizenship such as a birth certificate, a certificate of citizenship or naturalization, or a Certificate of Indian Status, as well as a photo ID. If you’re a permanent resident of the United States, you’ll need to present your green card/working visa. For further information about crossing into Canada from the United States, check out the Canada Border Services Agency “Managing Access To Canada” fact sheet.

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Easy Step-By-Step

I'd Like To Get Started