As a Canadian citizen, you need a Canadian adult passport to travel abroad or to gain re-entry into the United States.
You should choose this option if:
- You don’t have a Canadian Passport
- Your Canadian Passport expired more than one year ago
- You need to change your current passport information
This application requires a guarantor. A guarantor is a person other than yourself who confirms your identity, has known you for more than two years, and lives in Canada or the United States. When it comes to a guarantor you have three options – please make sure you’ve selected the correct one.
- Canadian guarantor Must hold a valid Canadian Passport.
- Professional guarantor Must be a member of one of the designated professions identified by Passport Canada.
- No guarantor: Must complete Statutory Declaration in Lieu of Guarantor (form PPTC 132) at a Passport Canada office.