A Canadian citizenship certificate is a document that proves that a person is a Canadian citizen.
The citizenship certificate is required to obtain a Canadian passport, a driver’s licence, an enhanced driver’s licence, or an enhanced identity card and to access government services such as health care, pension, or to obtain a Social Insurance Number.
Canada Passport Help can help you to obtain a Proof of Canadian Citizenship:
- If your citizenship card is lost, damaged, destroyed or stolen.
- If there is an error on your Citizenship card and you want to update your citizenship certificate
- If you were born outside of Canada to a Canadian parent and you meet certain requirements.
- If you were born in Canada and want to have a Citizenship card.
Obtaining a Canadian Citizenship Certificate or/and Card (Routine Applications) may take 6-12 months as per Citizenship and Immigration Canada timelines. The fee you paid online includes all government fees, application processing fee and the cost of shipping and handling of your new passport with international FedEx. Expedited services are available for an additional fee. Our citizenship application service includes:
- Sending you the application for a citizenship certificate
- A detailed assessment of your application
- Assistance with preparing the supporting documentation required for your application
- Submitting your application on your behalf